8.08.2011

1984

I was born in the year 1984.  I secretly wish that I had been born a few years earlier so I could have enjoyed the 80's to their fullest.  I love the hair and the clothes.  The easiness that life seemed to portray.  Scrunchies, teased bangs, leggings and over-sized sweaters.  I especially love watching movies from the 80's.  My favorite of all being Three Men and a Baby.  I am secretly in love with Tom Selleck and  I remember watching Magnum P.I. when I would stay home sick from school.  There is just something about him.

This past Christmas my work had a gift exchange (white elephant style).  My boss received a certain gift which he was eagerly trying to get rid of.  I told him that if no one stole it from him, I would be happy to take it off his hands.  He willingly agreed, but right at the end one of the security officers swiped it.  I was a little disappointed.

A few weeks ago, I was cleaning out my office and was getting rid of some books.  I knew that the same security officer was interested in one of the books so I set it aside to give to him.  The next day he came into my office with his hands behind his back.  In exchange for the book he had something for me.  He walked over and put down the white elephant gift on my desk.  I laughed and couldn't believe it!  He told me he had remembered how much I had liked the gift and thought that I would enjoy it more than he had.  Indeed I am!

A new flower vase for the table!

3 comments: