8.04.2011

Hello

I feel like my blogs have dwindled a bit.  I've actually sat down about 5 different times this week to wow you all with my words but I've been too distracted.  Here are my daily distractions:

1.  MAD MEN.  yes.  my parents started watching this awhile ago and now Netflix has all the seasons on instant watch.  INSTANT WATCH!  This means that I don't just get to watch 1 episode, but about 4 in a row.  Even though I have very strong feelings against how women were oogled at in those "olden days" I admire their ability to take pride in how they looked.  I am struggling a lot these days with taking the time to get ready in the morning.  I always feel better when I look my best, so thanks Mad Men for helping me bring out that cherry red lipstick and my bobby-pins.

2.  My sister.  As you know from my last post, my lovely other half was here for almost two weeks!  It was amazing and we spent every evening together so I of course did not have time to blog

3.  The heat.  It is just too hot to sit by my computer, which generates an additional 83 degrees into my room.  The air is already to sticky and gross and the only way I can think of to get around this problem is to blog naked or don't blog at all.

4.  Idrissi.  The name of my friend's cat.  (He was named after the famous Muslim cartographer Al-Idrissi.  I'm very disappointed in all of you for not knowing who that was.)  Idrissi is the cutest thing ever and Bobby and I have been so excited to be babysitting this 16 pound black fur ball.

Well that about does it.  And for those of you who follow the weather, Tropical Storm Emily has dissipated over Haiti so we are for now in the clear of any nasty weekend weather.  phew. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with Mad Men too! Today I walked a little taller down the hall because that's what Joan would do

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Emily flew the coop and petered out.
    Have a good weekend watching Mad Men.

    ReplyDelete