11.03.2011

A Day in the Life of a Collections Manager

A new weekly blog post perhaps?

This week:

Line Drawings
practicing my line drawings

While cataloging the artifacts from our field school, I came across 4 pieces of pottery that can be mended together.  Most of our pottery is broken into small pieces and we find just one piece from a larger vessel or pot.  To have found a larger fragment is very exciting so we can start to understand what the pottery may have looked like!  We are writing a publication about the field work completed at the site and one of my tasks is to do line drawings of the artifacts.  Drawings can be much better at showing detail than a photograph and are usually preferred by archaeologists.  I guess I better sharpen my pencil and do some practicing!

1 comment: