11.11.2011

Happy Veterans Day and other things

Happy Veterans Day to All!

A day to stop and give thanks and appreciation to all those who have and are serving this country.  It shouldn't matter if we always agree on the conflicts or the reasons behind our country's decisions, but we should honor those who give their lives for a better tomorrow.

The Seminoles, like many tribes, have an amazing sense of community and support for their war veterans.  They call them Warriors.

Our own family warriors
Sergeant Major Stubenvoll (a.k.a. Grandpa!)

My cousin Peter

“In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot”—Mark Twain


Today is also 11/11/11.  
It is my mom's last day at the quilt store where she has been working for 18 years.  I remember when she started working on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I was in elementary school.  My sisters and I love visiting the store, looking at all the beautiful fabric and patterns.  Seeing all my mom's amazing quilts on display.  My mom is moving on to new things, the main one being the best grandmother in the world.  I know this because she is already the best mom in the world!

And this leads me to:

My Dearest Nephew,
We are hoping that you appear today, a week early, so that you can have a cool Birthday date and also help your mom out a little! Your family is so incredibly excited to meet you and know you.  We have discussed for countless hours who you will look like and what color your eyes will be.  We wonder what you will like to do and what you will become when you are older.  I hope you like the ocean and will want to come visit your Auntie Kate and soon to be Uncle Bobby.  Even though I live so far away I love you more than I can explain!
Come soon.  I think you will like being a part of our family.
Love
Aunt Kate

1 comment: