11.12.2011

Sunlight

It is Fall! Glorious Fall!

The cypress needles are dropping, the birds are back and the gators are out sunning their backs.  The clouds are wispy, there is a nice constant breeze, and the sky looks a little bit more "wintry" blue.

I am back out on the boardwalk, talking my daily walks around the cypress hammock behind the Museum.  I'm glad to be back after a very long hiatus.  The possibility of getting heat stroke during lunch deterred me considerably from my daily jaunts. 

On Wednesday I saw a raccoon the size of a dog meandering around the boardwalk.  His little hands curiously picking things up, sniffing them, dropping them, and then wandering off to find something better.  A co-worker saw a panther a few weeks ago (!) and there is a buzz of life in the hammock. 

 



2 comments:

  1. No gators around here sunning themselves, just the geese bobbing around on the waves.

    ReplyDelete