3.28.2012

Gator Count

Look at them there gaterrrs!
{you have to say it like you live in the middle of nowhere Florida}

Alligator Count today:

26

Have I ever told you that I get terribly car sick?  I won't go into too many details because just thinking about a moving car makes me nauseous.  This it perfect seeing I have to be in the car for a total of 3 hours a day, Monday thru Friday.

I can't read, write, or look things up on my phone.  My carpool companions know better than to ask me to grab something from the back while the car is in motion.  One turn and I'm a goner.  Think about how much I could accomplish if I could just read a book or work on a computer.  Almost 2,000 hours have been wasted away in the car.  I could have easily learned a new language by now, probably even two.

Snake Road is the worst part of the trip.  This 20 mile stretch of road is twisty and curvy.  Once I get onto I-75 I'm usually ok, but if the motion sickness sets in on Snake Road, its a miserable rest of the ride home.  Instead of expanding my brain capacity I just have to sit with my eyes closed or sit staring out the window (no sudden head movements!)


  So every day I count the alligators.  You may think that frantically searching for these giant beasts would make me queasy.  Its actually quite the opposite.  Maybe its because I'm concentrating on getting to the next number, but I always feel better.

"1...1....1....
come on alligators.....1.....
2!  
2.......2.........2...wait was that one?no...
....2......3!"
  Each time I see one I scream with joy inside my head. After two and a half years I still get excited about them. 
My life is riveting.  

1 comment: