3.27.2012

I Do

I've been thinking a lot about my wedding lately.  I guess no one can blame me seeing it is a little over a month away! The details are slowly coming together and I will feel relief when the day finally arrives.

I get butterfly's in my stomach, imagining the moment I will walk out onto the beach and walk towards my future husband.  I listen to my "wedding" song on repeat on the way home from work in carpool, blasting it on my ipod.  I can only imagine the emotions and the happiness I will feel.  I know that my imagination only gives me a glimpse into what it will truly be like. Surrounded by our parents and sisters, with the ocean waves gently rolling on and off the shell filled sand, the sea air whispering around us, will be a beautiful moment in time (fingers crossed for no rain :)

What I really like to imagine though is our life afterwards.  Maybe at first it won't be different.  Maybe it will feel a little bit like before.  But I know that it will be different.  I know that I will appreciate the sense of security and perpetuity.  I will enjoy the moments when I am called his wife.  I will take in the moments that we share together as a family, knowing that we are so lucky to have found each other.  When I lay in his arms I will know that we belong to each other.


 When I think about my life in five, ten, or twenty years I cannot quite see where I will be.  I don't really know where I want to live or if we will have a big or small family.  Will we still be in Florida?  Will we have one or two cats or just little Cornelius?  The only sure thing I know about my future is that Bobby will be by my side.  That the uncertainty of the future seems a bit less daunting when I know who's hand I will be holding.

2 comments:

  1. I know I felt the same way almost 39 years ago. The actual wedding is only the very first step in a life together. I'm excited too.

    ReplyDelete