3.19.2012

Pool side

I've been working on getting a little color.  Darkening that wintery and slightly transparent skin.  I like to go down to the pool on the weekends and soak in the warm sun.  The trees are flowering bright yellow and purple and pink.  The sky is a deep blue and the clouds are light and puffy.  I like to sit and watch them silently float overhead, meandering around the sky with the breeze.  



Three little boys splish and splash in the pool, giggling with such delight at their make believe games.  "Tween" girls stroll around the pool, making sure they are looking absolutely perfect. For who I'm not quite sure, seeing its just me and the family with the screaming boys.  The two girls finally get the courage to get into the water, but only far enough so they do not get their hair wet.  Thank goodness, wet hair crisis averted. They only stay in a few minutes and then scamper out to read their magazines and listen to their iphones.  I can hear Justin Bieber's voice carry over the rustling of the palm trees.  

I think summer is just around the corner.
 

3 comments:

  1. Sigh....I wish I was there with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to come out of hibernation; I've heard winters in Florida can be brutal!

    ReplyDelete