3.21.2012

Sounds of the Symphony

Bobby and I had a date night last week.  My sister and brother-in-law gave away date nights for Christmas this year and ours was two tickets to the Symphony!

We got all dressed up and headed to downtown Ft. Lauderdale to enjoy a night of beautiful music.

We walked up to the Performing Arts Center and were surrounded by the city's socialites.  You know the ones.  In their flowy scarves and dresses.  With their perfectly combed white hair and their husbands in sharp suites.  Talking about all that important stuff like politics and philosophy. We waltzed right on past the hoity toity and quickly found our seats so Bobby could admire the room.  He likes to point out all the things most people don't notice- like how much that teeny tiny microphone costs or why the room is shaped so funny.  

A little old man hobbled to our aisle and squeezed past us to sit next to me.  He turned to me and with a thick accent said "Ahhh...I get to sit-a next to a beautiful lady!".  I giggled and blushed and Bobby gave my hand a little squeeze. 

The music was lovely and the orchestra was great.  The visiting pianist made it look so easy to play the challenging runs.  It made me miss playing and I made a silent vow that I would practice the piano sometime this week. 

There were two British men sitting behind us and they must have been well known because everyone kept coming up to them and thanking them for being there.  They were even offered champagne at the intermission.  After the first song one of the men said to the other in his English accent:

"What did you think of the string section?"
"It was quite nice."
"Yes, I agree, it was quite nice."

It was quite nice.
Thanks Don and Elizabeth for the date night!


 

2 comments:

  1. You both look lovely and that man was lucky to sit next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you had a wonderful time!! love ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete