4.03.2012

Brighton

The Brighton Reservation is near Lake Okeechobee.  For the most part, I work on Big Cypress but now and again I will drive the additional hour and 20 minutes up to Brighton.  Its a beautiful area, very different from Big Cypress.  The ground is dryer, the vegetation is less swampy, and there are big open plains with clusters of stumpy palm trees.  The trees drip with Spanish moss and there is a much more "country" feel.

Anywhere I go, especially when I am out in the country, I like to imagine what people's lives are like living there.  How they are so different from mine.  Its nice to think that there are still places that prefer a slower pace of life, that still know their neighbors, and spend their evenings sitting on their porch.

 Brighton Reservation


  Berm between the road and Lake Okeechobee

1 comment:

  1. It looks so flat and spacious. Just a little different than here.

    ReplyDelete