4.02.2012

My Other Half

My twin sister and I talk at least twice a day.  We e-mail during the day and either talk on the phone or Skype when we get home from work.  Bobby has learned that this is the natural order of life.  

My sister is 6 months pregnant and glowing.  She isn't feeling her prettiest these days, but every time I see her over my computer screen I can't believe how amazing she looks.  What an indescribable joy! Sometimes it is still hard to believe that she will soon be a mother, but only because I can't be there to watch the everyday changes in person.  I have always felt, even when we were little. that she is meant to be a mom.    


My sister will be the best mom in the whole world, caring for her daughter with love and encouragement.  She will learn to be fair and learn to discipline even when it's hard.  She will learn how to put up with the dramatic teen years (especially if her daughter follows in her footsteps :)

Just as I hope and pray for all the wonderful things yet to come for my little nephew, I do the same for my soon-to-be niece.  

My sister and I wonder what it will be like the first time I meet her.  Will she already know me?  Will she know that I'm her mom's other half?  
I hope so

2 comments:

  1. You can't say such nice things about overly emotional pregnant lady because then we don't stop crying :) (She will know )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story today. It made me cry too and I'm just the Nana.

    ReplyDelete