10.22.2012

Fall

Its beginning to feel a bit more like fall.  The weather is slightly cooler and breezy. Some of the trees, like the cypress, are starting to loose their leaves.  Even the light somehow feels softer and soon I'll see the setting sun during my commute home.  I say it time and time again that fall is my absolute favorite season.  

Bobby and I are moving next week to a new city further south.  I really don't like moving and it has been a stressful month trying to find a new place and to pack all of our belongings once again.  I am not big on change so I know it will take awhile to become adjusted to our new home, the new grocery store, the new carpool for work, and the new smells and sounds. But I take comfort in knowing that not everything is changing-- at least we are not starting all over again like three years ago.  

Its hard to imagine sometimes that we have been here for three years.  I remember starting my first day of work on October 19th, 2009.  I was terrified and had no idea if this had been the right decision to move across the country.  We've come along way since then and we have made this place our home.  I look back now and know it was the right decision and it has brought so many new opportunities for both of us.

As I type this now, looking out the upstairs window, I can see the bright blue sky and hear the palm fronds gently knocking at the window.  I am happy to think that with fall and winter just around the corner I will be able to spend more time outside --a concept I am still getting used to. Oh Florida- I think you are starting to grow on me!   



2 comments:

  1. Making a home where ever you are is important. No fair, I have a sweatshirt on and you were in the pool!

    ReplyDelete