10.03.2012

FIELD TRIP!

I went on a field trip for work last week.  We headed down south to the Big Cypress National Preserve in Ochopee, Florida which is managed by the National Park Service. Because my office often works with NPS we decided to go down and meet their staff.  Everyone was very nice and excited about future collaborations.  

It is quite a beautiful and peaceful place and I am excited to go back with Bobby and explore the area more.  Its only a few hours from my house which makes it an easy get away for the weekend.

We had lunch in Everglades City where I mustered up the courage to eat some Conch shell (minus the shell). We headed back to the east coast by driving across on the Tamiami Trail which is home to the Miccosukee Tribe and the smallest post office in the United States!  Unfortunately a co-worker's dying car battery prevented us from stopping at the post office, but I did get to see it as we drove by.  

I enjoyed the time away from the office and thinking about my next trip there!




  Strange things always taste better if they're fried! 


The post office way back when- hasn't changed too much!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a pretty place. Hope you have time after the move to head back.

    ReplyDelete