5.28.2013

It's Hot!


Even though I am long past the years of summer vacations, I still can feel it in the thick humid air.  The school zones stop blinking in the mornings, the buses go off to hibernate, and the grass and trees turn a vibrant green.  The weather has turned hot and sticky and the sweat trickles down your back, even in the cool dark shade.  The ceiling fan whirls above me and I lay still on my living room rug, careful not to move.  The high buzz of the cicadas echo through the summer air and all I want is a giant cone of mint chocolate chip ice cream.


It's hot!
I can't get cool,
I've drunk a quart of lemonade,
I think I'll take my shoes off
And sit around in the shade.


It's hot!
My back is sticky,
The sweat rolls down my chin.
I think I'll take my clothes off
And sit around in my skin.


It's hot!
I've tried with 'electric fans,
And pools and ice cream cones,
I think I'll take my skin off
And sit around in my bones.

It's still hot!

Shel Silverstein

Do you see the lady in the tree?

see her now? oooh!

Happy summer!

(p.s. I know its silly to wear velour pants in the summer, but I had to hide my mosquito bite swollen ankles!)

4 comments:

  1. ha ha I was just going to comment that maybe you were hot because you were wearing pants! ~love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say the same thing haha! :)

      Delete
  2. Me too! That was going to be. My comment. Hahaha. Okay, it can be warm when I come but not so hot I want to take my skin off. Well, maybe chocolate mint ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can arrange for chocolate chip ice cream!

      Delete