5.04.2014

100 Days of Happy : 36-42



It was an interesting week.  I've been out of town for a week and spent 5 long days in the car driving from Massachusetts to Florida.  I got to see a part of the country I'd never seen before and loved looking out the window as the countryside changed every few hours.

Day 36 : Sunday
Baltimore, MD.  A beautiful sunset from my hotel window with rain showers off in the distance.

Day 37 : Monday
North Carolina.  The tall pine trees were our backdrop to a gas station/lunch break.  Eating Subway on a grassy lawn next to the highway wasn't ideal, but I enjoyed this random little forest of trees. Doesn't it kind of look like the clearing in Twilight?  just sayin'... :)

Day 38 : Tuesday
Georgia.  What a beautiful state!  The green, green vegetation, spanish moss, and sticky air welcomed us.  I have to admit, it was a nice feeling to be in the warmth again after the chilly air of the northeast.

Day 39 : Wednesday
On day 7 of my trip I woke up feeling excited and anxious.  Today was the day of the repatriation.  Everything went smoothly and I was so proud to be a part of such a special project.

Day 40 : Thursday
Thursday was spent at home, relaxing and resting from my trip.  By Wednesday I had put in 10 straight days of work and was so happy to be home with Bobby.  In the afternoon, I stepped outside after hearing little cheeps and saw the brigade of baby ducks and their mama outside our front door.  They are all getting so big!

Day 41 : Friday
Sleeping beauty.  Aurelia was glad to have me home and showed me by being quite snuggly and even took a little cat nap with me!

Day 42 : Saturday
An afternoon thunderstorm.  I watched the rain pour from the sky, making small lakes and rivers in the backyard.  The fresh smell of rain lingered well after the storm had passed and a Blue Jay sat in the tree singing loudly while shaking his feathers free of rain water.

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed your posts reviewing your week. I especially liked the good omen of the sunset on day 36. I'm glad your trip went so well.

    ReplyDelete