1.21.2010

my favorite place

I was told by a good friend once that if you move somewhere new you should find a special place to visit often and make it your favorite place.  A place that is your own and a place that you feel comfortable.  Every new place I've lived, I've tried to find my favorite place.  In Texas it was this coffee shop that my friends and I would go to and study at and play card games.  When I was in Italy, it was Piazza Novembre, where I could sit and watch the fountain and the people.  In Denver it was actually my place of work.  The 6th floor at the Denver Art Museum was my haven, being surrounded by Renaissance and Impressionist art work. 

The Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum has a 1.5 mile long boardwalk that loops through a cypress forest.  There is this one place on the boardwalk that I always stop and spend some time.  The walkway passes over this pond and almost everyday I can see these white birds with their long orange beaks, standing on one leg.  There are trees sumberged in the water and plants growing on top of the surface.  It is usually very quiet and you can hear the birds talking.  I do not allow myself to think of work, but just focus on such a beautiful and peaceful scene. 







This is my new favorite place.

3 comments:

  1. I never knew you did that. What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a favorite place...maybe it will be the Four Mile Historic Park :) Museums make me feel better about life for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  3. because they are quiet and peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete