1.01.2010

What a Year

I am really looking forward to 2010.  I am excited about what it will bring and the new things that are ahead.  This past year was a whirlwind of experiences and just trying to figure out my life.

I lived in three different cities, worked two different jobs, and graduated with my masters.  Phew!
 
Museum of Texas Tech University



 Denver Art Museum


Seminole Tribe of Florida's Tribal Historic Preservation Office 


Looking back I realize that even though things do not always seem great at first, everything always works out.  I was miserable when I first moved to Lubbock, Texas.  It was windy, dusty, and far away from home.  When I left last December I was sad to leave.  I had grown to love the museum and the people I worked with.  Part of me will always love country music, gigantic stars on people's garages, and that old west feeling.

Denver was easier to adjust to.  I was home, with my friends and family.  I loved every day at the Denver Art Museum.  I worked with awesome people and got to see amazing art every day.  I think someday I would like to work in an art museum again.  Where else do you get to look at Monet and Degas whenever you want!

Now here I am in a new state and environment.  I would have never imagined last January that I would be living in Southern Florida!  I've gone from dusty and dry to mountains and snow to tropical beach. Its amazing where life takes you.  Everything fell into place for my new job and I guess it was meant to be for now.  Hopefully though this year, I won't have to move again and I can start building a new life here and enjoying what 2010 has to offer.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Life is a wonderful journey. Enjoy each precious moment.

    ReplyDelete