5.12.2010

hello?

The other day at work I went to click on the internet and realized it wasn't working.  I clicked on the network...no luck.  I asked around and everyone else seemed to be having problems too.  Then someone realized that their cell phone service was gone and I ran back to my office and all of our landlines were dead (insert Twilight theme music)

Hmmmm...Here we are in the middle of no where Florida and have no way to contact the outside world.  For the next 3 hours I felt completely cut off from society, wondering if anything important was happening out there.  Everyone started going stir crazy, clicking on the internet every 2 minutes, picking up the phones and listening for a dial tone.

Hello?!  HELLO?!

Our connection to civilization wasn't fixed until after we left work.  It made me realize how reliant we are on technology.  No one could find anything to do without the computer and my co-workers were going insane without their iphones.  Crazy.  Its nice to be reminded of simpler times, when we could occupy our time by using paper and pencil. 


No comments:

Post a Comment