5.02.2010

Slowly but Surely

My mom just sent me a gift card to Target to buy some new patio chairs!  My patio was quite sad with just my little beach chair and if I ever met any friends we would never be able to sit outside.  Luckily that hasn't been an issue...


With gift card in toe, Bobby and I went out to Target to see if we could find some new patio furniture.  We were very successful finding everything on sale: two new chairs and a little table!

We took our new purchases out to the car where we spent the next 25 minutes trying to stuff them in my car.  Bobby tried every way to get the chairs into my back seat.  "Its not going to fit" he said.

After watching him, and realizing he was doing it all wrong, I took things into my own hands. "Of course it will fit, you just don't have it at the right angle"

Even though everyone who walked by was staring and whispering at us for buying something that would obviously not fit, I was bound and determined to cram it into my car.  No luck.  I guess Bobby was right.

Luckily Target held the chairs for us while we could run back home and get a screw driver to take apart the chairs.  And of course they fit after spending another 45 minutes at 10:30 at night with the allen wrench.

But now the patio is looking much nicer and I can finally enjoy summer which suddenly appeared yesterday in all of its glory and humdity.  Now for my twinkly lights.

    New comfy chairs

Thanks mom

2 comments:

  1. I knew those would be the chairs you'd picked. Good job getting them home.

    ReplyDelete