4.09.2011

Anniversary

Today is my anniversary!  6 years ago today, Bobby and I started our adventure together.  I remember the exact night.  We had been hanging out for only a few weeks.  Gone on a few dates.  We were sitting on my couch when he turned to me and said "I really like you.  Will you be my girlfriend?"  I giggled back "yes" in reply.  From then on we were together. 

I know I don't post much about the love of my life (he gets a little embarrassed- especially since I have billions of readers...) but for one day he will have to get over it!

Bobby is my best friend.  Every day when I come home from work and Bobby greets me with a hug, I am relieved, wanting nothing more than to be there, standing in my kitchen hugging him. We laugh, we cry, we act silly, we sing duets together. When I look back over the past 6 years I realize how we've grown and matured.  The struggles of differences, stupid mistakes,and  long distance.  How we have both learned to care and love each other unconditionally.  Love is never easy, but it is always worth it.  I could not imagine my life without him. 

I remember calling him one night when I was in school in Texas and he was still in Colorado.  I was crying and sad..  He told me, "Don't be sad that we are not together right now.  We have the rest of our lives."  And he was right. Our future will no doubt hold marriage and a family and growing old together. 

What a wonderful thing to be in love!



 

1 comment: