4.07.2011

Green Giant

Today as my co-workers and I were driving home down Snake Road, we got stuck behind a giant semi truck.  We had to back off pretty far because the top of his truck was open and whatever he was hauling was flying out.  It was windy and the truck was having a hard time staying in the lines of the narrow road.  I looked more closely and saw something green sticking up over the semi's edges. 

Then, all of a sudden, a giant green bean smacked right into the window.  I started laughing.  My co-worker looked at me with a "you're weird" look.  I couldn't help it.  For some reason seeing one billion green beans dangling from the top of a wobbly truck made me giggle uncontrollably.  It was such an unusual thing to see in the middle of the Everglades.  As we turned onto the highway we passed another truck full of watermelons.  Good thing those weren't flying at our windshield.

Ahhh... Spring in Florida.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's always a surprise. Flying green beans are not what you would expect.

    ReplyDelete