7.27.2012

Friday's Music Pick

Today's music pick is a recent find from a blog I was looking at for wedding inspirations called Hi-Fi Weddings.  Even if you aren't looking for music ideas for your upcoming nuptials, the blog it is a great place to find new music!

Song: First Day of My Life
Artist: Bright Eyes
Album: I'm Wide Awake It's Morning


Remember the time you drove all night
Just to meet me in the morning
And I thought it was strange
You said everything changed
You felt as if you'd just woke up
And you said, "This is the first day of my life
I'm glad I didn't die before I met you
But now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you
And I'd probably be happy"

Lubbock, Thanksgiving 2007

This song brings me back to the days when Bobby would drive 15 long and lonely hours to Lubbock, Texas while I was in graduate school.  The several times he made the trip he would end up driving all night and I would wait up anxiously for him, sometimes seeing his car pull in as the sun was coming up.  It was during these times apart that I really began to realize that I could be happy anywhere I went, as long as Bobby and I were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment