7.31.2012

Careful Hitting the Send Button

The other day at work I was on the phone dealing with a database issue.  While figuring out the problem, the lady I was speaking with told me that I needed to make sure that all other users were logged out of the database while we fiddled around with some things.

I'm usually proud of the way I can multi-task  Answering phone calls, while writing e-mails, and signing off on a staff person's timesheet.

I shot a quick e-mail to the whole office letting them know that everyone needed to log out of the database.  As I continued to talk on the phone, someone walked by my office and said with a giant grin, "You might want to check what you just sent!"

I quickly scanned my sent e-mails and felt my face turn bright red.

Email received from Kate:


I am working on an issue with the collections database- please log off until further notice

Sorry for the incontinence

Kate Redente Macuen
Collections Manager

At least everyone knows that I am very concerned for any bladder or urinary tract problems that they all may have, especially as it relates to using the database. And next time I think I'll take my time to do one thing at a time, even if it is an inconvenience. 

3 comments: