4.29.2013

DIY Face Mask

One of the blogs I love to follow is

She has great paleo and healthy reciepes and amazing skin care regiments.  

I thought I would try out one of her skin care recipes and see how it worked with my skin.

Its pretty easy and it smells delicious.
Original recipe found here

2 tbs of cocoa powder 
(I found I needed a little bit more to get the paste like consistency)
1 tbs of honey
1 1/2 tbs of coconut oil

mix together until you get a paste like consistency





Let sit for 15-20 minutes and rinse with warm water.  Its suggested to follow with a toner and moisturizer.  

The benefits of this mask are to:
help smooth out wrinkles (cocoa)
clear out toxins in your skin, which can make you look older (cocoa)
natural moisturizer (honey)
antiseptic and antimicrobial agent, helping with acne (coconut oil) 


3 comments: