4.14.2013

Thrifty and Vintage

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my friend thrift store shopping.  I was lucky this time around and found a few treasure to take home.  Here are some of my finds that I was extra excited about!

Queen Conch Shell

This was my perfect find. I had just been online yesterday morning searching for this shell.  I have seen it recently in a lot of decor look books and was really wanting one to complete my Ikea bookshelf turned entry table.  Most of the ones I saw online were going for $35-$50.  This one was purchased for a whole $2.50!

The two books underneath were also found yesterday.  The bottom book is from 1931!  


A few other books (each $2.50)

   Two piano books, one from 1896

I love thinking about who might have owned this and how it finally ended up in a little vintage store in Ft. Lauderdale 117 years later!



1 comment: