4.20.2013

Little Moments

The best moment this week, hands down, was getting a call from my sister on Friday evening.  In the background was the tiny voice of my nephew.

"Tate"
"Bob"

My sister asked him
"Who does Auntie Kate live with?"

"Bob"

"Who does Uncle Bobby live with?"

"Tate"

:)

Sometimes I fear that my niece and nephew will only know me as the weird aunt who lives in a strange place called Florida or that they will think I live in the computer screen.  But it is great to live in a world where distance can be overcome with a simple phone call and you can be transported 2000 miles in the blink of an eye.

August 2012.  Auntie Kate traumatizing San by taking him down the slide.

However, nothing will ever take the place of holding them in my arms and sliding down the playground slide on a summer afternoon. 

1 comment: