1.20.2014

DIY Geometric Wreath

I was feeling pretty crafty this weekend and decided to try my hand at one of my many pinterst pins!

A blog I follow, VintageRevivals, had posted a tutorial on making your own himmeli wreath and I loved the simple, yet complex lines and how it added a nice touch of modern to the space.  As I continue to evolve my own style, I find myself leaning more and more towards clean and modern lines.

All in all, the wreath only cost around $4 and took about 2 hours to make --- I'd say it was definitely worth the try :)  

Supplies needed:

30 gauge floral wire (silver)
black cocktail straws cut to 4 1/2 inches

The finished product looks more like metal than plastic straws!

The wall I hung it on originally had a 3 part frame holding some Colorado postcards I had bought in Boulder before I graduated back in 2006.  While I love the cards, I am not a fan of the frame anymore.  Too contemporary and not the right look.  







 For full instructions visit VintageRevivals

3 comments: