1.04.2014

Its A New Year


Well, this New Year has started off with not the bang or energy I was anticipating.   An epidemic of the flu and some other hardships within our family has made this last week tougher, but things are looking up on the 4th of January.  

I haven't quite decided how I feel about New Year's Resolutions and their effectiveness but I am feeling motivated about starting this year off on the right foot and looking forward to all 2014 has planned for us.  

Numero Uno:  To take care of myself

This is quite broad, I know, but will include everything to being healthy to plucking my eyebrows.  As I'm sitting here typing this, my hair is matted to my scalp from day 3 of not showering (don't forget I was sick...cough cough) and I've noticed my big toe hairs are growing out of control.  Bring out the tweezers and vitamins because I think 2014 is going to be my year for taking back control of me :)



Numero Dos: To be more Compassionate

I will not make excuses (ahem..South Florida) but my tolerance and compassion has dwindled slightly over the years.  I have become quick to judge and quick to turn my head to those who are in more need than myself.  Some of the greatest gifts I have been given is that of compassion and I will continue to work on opening my heart.

and

Numero Tres: To be more Selfless

My greatest lesson in this so far has been my first year as being a newlywed.  I continue to work on this daily and I will continue for the next 365 days!



Its been a rocky start to the New Year, but I'm ready to keep on going





4 comments:

  1. I also meant to add I love your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are perfect goals! And you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals! Number one sounds like "be less gross" but you're really not. Lifestyle changes aren't easy for most people; just be specific with your goals and 'if you seek a' excuses. Love, deenie daddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks martin-- To be Less Gross is my ultimate goal.

      Delete