1.23.2014

Polka Dots

Something is seriously wrong with me!

TWO crafty blog posts in one week?  I've caught the DIY bug.

I'm sure it won't last long, but I'm taking full advantage of this new found motivation.  This weekend, besides trying my hand at my geometric wreath, I also decided to spruce up our bookshelf in the living room.  I've had the bookshelf for about 6 years and it was part of what I like to call my "Pier 1 dark stage".  Everything I bought back then was dark wood.  And while I still love many of my darker furniture pieces, it is hard to pull off in a tiny condo with limited natural light.  Over the years I've been trying to lighten things up a bit, mostly with accent pieces.  

I have seen many bookcase makeovers but most of them involve painting and I definitely did not want to spend the time or money on that.  So I did the next best thing and bought some scrapbooking paper (fancy people use wallpaper...) and double sided tape and voila! (plus it helped that I actually straightened up my books!)

Before
+
+
+




 kind of embarrassed for posting this mess


After
+
+
+




I love the polka dots and it really brightens up that corner of the living room.  A few dollars later and a new look!

5 comments: