1.09.2014

I'm a Care Bear


UNLESS someone like you
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better,
It's not

--Dr. Seuss

I have to say I feel quite rejuvenated after my lovely holiday break.  I've jumped back into work and already the pile is piling high.  And you know what?  I'm happy to be where I am.  I love my work because I care about what I do.  And if I didn't care, maybe no one would and that just wouldn't work for me.  

Today was very exciting.  I got to meet the Secretary of the Interior, Sally Jewell.  She was taking a tour of the Everglades and stopped by the Museum this afternoon along with an entourage of secret service, assistants and aids!  As we briskly walked her through the museum and she was given a tour of some of the collections I thought how lucky we were to show one of the most influential people in the government (especially when it comes to museums) why we care.  

Obviously she won't remember me or my name, but hopefully she will remember our work and the importance of why we do what we do.  

(above: waiting anxiously/avoiding the camera with my co-workers for everyone to arrive!)  

3 comments:

  1. You really have one of the coolest jobs! (p.s. you look so pretty in those photos...even if you are nervous! :)

    ReplyDelete