9.08.2014

Alone.



This morning at one of the general sessions at the conference, a guest speaker highlighted a quote from the famous anthropologist Margaret Mead.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has.


Anytime I travel alone, I tend to stay close to my hotel room.  I like to explore new cities, but not by myself.  Tonight I find myself alone at "my" desk, reviewing for tomorrow and catching up on work e-mails.  The rain is splattering against my 15th story window.  Its how I prefer to spend the evening.

When I'm alone in my room, my mind always wanders to my work, to my life, to whatever I'm doing at the present time.  I feel inspired to write something down, but I'm not quite sure what.  I keep repeating the quote in my head, wondering if I will ever be part of something world changing.  Will the work I do count for anything?  I hope so.





1 comment: