9.06.2014

"Hello. What Museum Do You Work At?"

Well, its that time of year again where I get to go hang out with all the cool kids from around the state for our annual museum conference.  Last year I presented at the conference and this year I am presenting again--exciting stuff!  Conferences can be such a great atmosphere -- inspiring, encouraging, thought provoking.  I always come back re-engergized and ready to take on my to-do list.  Conferences can also be strangely exhausting.  Its constant meet and greet, pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and long days of sessions and field trips.  I always try to work on my "elevator speech" before I go to places like this so when someone asks me what I do I don't stare at them blankly and say, "uhhhh..."



Tonight I am preparing for my trip.  Its a packing, laundry, eyebrow plucking, nail painting, go over my presentation kind of evening.  


Luckily I am sharing the driving tomorrow up to Jacksonville with some co-workers so hopefully the long drive will be a bit more manageable.  

I don't think I've ever experienced such a busy travel year for work as this past year.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing new places and am grateful for the professional opportunities, but lately I am longing just to be home.  Its only a week or so until Bobby is off jet setting across the country for the rest of the month for a couple of tours.  We are quite the traveling couple!

Wish me luck on my presentation (I always get a bit nervous!)




1 comment: