11.27.2010

Chicken Day

We had a nice Thanksgiving.  Pretty quiet, but nice.  I watched the Macy's Day Parade, cooked, watched White Christmas, and cooked some more!

 Pumpkin Pie cooking

Preparing Dinner

Substitution for Green Bean Casserole

Cooking is hard work, so you should be as comfortable as possible.

Our Chicken

The carver

Chicken, cranberries, stuffing, green beans, sweat potatoes and rolls. 

Not every thing turned out as planned.  I've never made sweat potatoes before and my new low fat recipe called for Greek yogurt.  I guess I should have been more careful about measuring it out because they tasted more like yogurt than potatoes.  The green bean and mushroom dish was pretty good, but maybe next year I will just make the original.  I mean, isn't that the wonderful thing about holidays?  The traditions and the food.  Eating cream of mushroom soup 1 day a year never hurt anyone. 
 
At the end of the day we got to skype with my family back home and said hello to everyone, including our family cat.  It was a great way to end the day!



1 comment: