11.28.2010

SNOW!

It snowed last night
It snowed last night
The snow bears had a pillow fight
They tore up all the clouds in sight
And threw them down as snowflakes light
 Wishing this is what my backyard really looked like this morning

My mom used to say this poem to us when we were little.  She would only say it on mornings when it had snowed.  We would open our little eyes to the bright white outside, so excited about the glittery snow.  

Dear Colorado,
I will be home for Christmas and would like nothing more than a cold, fluffy, white gift.  I will be satisfied with 1-2 inches and would prefer extra sparkle.  A Christmas Eve snow would be ideal, but as long as there is a white blanket on the ground come Christmas morning, I will be very happy.
Thank you,
Kate

3 comments:

  1. Caitlin and I are gong to pray for a White Christmas for us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww what a cute letter! I hope you get your wish!

    ReplyDelete