11.09.2010

killer bees and baby spiders

Apparently we have Africanized bees on the Reservation.  My boss scared the ba-gee-bers out of everyone today showing us two dead killer bees in a zip lock baggie that he had collected off of his car windshield wiper.  I'm embarrassed to say I had another spastic moment on the boardwalk when I thought I heard a swarm of angry bees flying towards me and I  "quickly" walked back to civilization. It may have been an airplane zooming by but you can never be too sure.

To make matters worse 1 billion baby spiders hatched today and they were floating through the air on their little silk webs.  I watched from the door as tiny threads blew across the parking lot in masses.  Ewww.  Bobby grabbed his backpack from the car the other day on his way to class and saw what he thought were ants crawling all over the backseat.  Nope.  They were baby spiders.

I think I'll stay inside for the next few days.

2 comments: