8.02.2012

Sawyer

As my sister and brother-in-law tackled the first days of parenthood with late night feedings and a crying baby, Bobby and I also embarked on our first nights as parents to a 5 month old puppy. 
I have to say, it was probably just as hard as having a new born baby.
I'm not much of a dog person and dogs can sense my anxiety making most encounters a bit stressful.  However, my friend recently rescued a puppy from the reservation and when she needed someone to dog-sit for a few days we gladly volunteered to watch little Sawyer. 

He barked through the night, tried to eat everything in site, stole my flip flop, snuck into the "off limit" rooms, nipped at my feet, hands, pants...and escaped off his leash.  I have to say though, by the end I had gotten the hang of it and warmed up a bit to his doggy ways and I'm proud to announce there were no casualties or accidents.  Sawyer did fall in love with Bobby, who unlike me is a natural with dogs, and they bonded over lots of tummy rubs and ear scratching.
When my friend walked through the door to pick him up, he jumped up on his hind legs and wrapped his little paws around her waist (so cute!).  I guess he was just as ready to go home!

Relaxing after a long morning walk

1 comment:

  1. Glad you all survived. He looked pretty content on your floor.

    ReplyDelete