7.12.2013

Thank you

Do you ever feel like if you stop moving, all the balls you have in the air will come tumbling down?
I do.

This is how I feel most of the time.

I have so much to dooooooooo!
hehe

Sometimes with all that is going on I forget what I'm actually supposed to be doing and wonder if my day will be spent doing more than just typing away at my computer.

The past year I have worked really hard on bringing in interns and doing an overall revamping of our internship program.  While most people in my office are anti-intern, I love them!  Not only do they help you out (for free I might add), there is something so rewarding about teaching someone. 

 Twice a week we have interns come and work in the collections.  They are so dedicated and drive over an hour to the reservation and spend the entire day with us.  I am so grateful for the hours and time they have committed to their projects and at the end of the day I love thinking about how I am hopefully giving them something back in return.  

Although it can often times be tiring to sit with someone for 8 hours, those are the days that I actually get to do the things I love about my job.  The other day I didn't check my e-mail for 4 whole hours because my intern and I were busy working on a project (it was amazing!)  They are even excited about the most mundane things and their excitement becomes contagious.  It makes me step back and realize that, yeah, I have a pretty cool job!  

Thank you interns for bringing me back down to earth and always making me appreciate my job a little bit more!

:)




4 comments:

  1. I'm sure they love working with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this and remembering my favorite intern of all time (YOU!!!!). I am fully confident you are teaching them so much and they will remember you fondly as they begin their careers! :)

    ReplyDelete