10.27.2013

Fancy.

The most exciting and memorable part of my trip to PA was getting to take the tribal jet.  This is my second time taking the jet and I still can not get over what a crazy and amazing experience it is.  Yes, its true that the minute you step onto a private jet you feel very important and famous :)

But then you find yourself taking pictures of every second (like in the bathroom) and realize that important people probably don't do this.  There is gold trim inside and leather stitched seats.  The flight attendant, Cheryl, is so great and she makes all the food herself.  We watched movies, talked business, and watched the sea of clouds pass us as we sped across the sky at top speeds. 

 waiting for take off



 the bathroom :)

 Heading home


 Goodbye Philadelphia!




 chit chatting with the flight attendant- My boss in the back sitting on the couch- ya know a couch, no big deal.
 My seat.





Made is safely back to the reservation (me on the far right and my boss in the middle who looks a bit delirious!)

As we neared the end of the trip home, I found myself looking out at one of the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen.  The sky was on fire, with infinite clouds spread out before us.  As the sun continued to set, the colors exploded into a million shades of red, orange, and pink.  I couldn't stop smiling, and remembering telling myself to hold onto this moment forever.  About 20 minutes before we reached Big Cypress, Cheryl turned on the Top 40, and we all jammed out and laughed as the pop and rap stars serenaded our descent. I'm not sure if I'll ever have the opportunity again to ride in the jet and I'm pretty sure I will never have another museum job quite like this one.  I felt very lucky for this once in a life time opportunity and will always remember my trip to Philadelphia.

1 comment: