10.05.2013

scrambled please.

I've taken on a 30 Day Paleo Challenge.  My brother in-law and twin sister eat paleo and have for many years and I've watched as my sister has been transformed in body and mind. She has stayed fit, her headaches and stomachaches have diminished, her skin is clear, she has noticeably thicker hair, and although it is challenging for her to eliminate certain things from her diet, the rewards outweigh giving up pasta (never easy for any Italian girl!).  My brother-in law is one of those people that if he sets his mind to it, he does it.  Easy Peasy.  For my sister and I, it takes a little bit more than that.  My brother-in law is a great chef by trade and at home so my sister has not had to worry about cooking and creating paleo dinners and lunches, while I have struggled many times to make the transition myself, mostly blaming it on just not knowing what to cook to satisfy my picky taste buds.  

With my PCOS always on the back of mind I've been trying to make small changes to better my health.  It would be hard to know that I decreased my chances of being able to have a baby because I didn't take the time to eat better by taking out sugars and processed foods.  

So a few weeks ago, my brother-in-law asked if I wanted to do a 30 day paleo challenge and I agreed (a little apprehensively I might add).  I am on day 6 today and have only eaten one "no-no" thing this week (pretty good if you ask me!).  These past few days haven't been easy and I expect there to be hurdles. Its hard to break a habit.  But I am willing to give it a go and see how I feel at the end of 30 days, hoping I will be able to take away some new ways of thinking about food and my health.  

With this Challenge, I have been reintroducing eggs back into my diet.  I'm usually not a big fan of eggs, but I will eat them one way and that is scrambled.  When I was little, my mom used to make us scrambled eggs, but because I was so picky I only liked them made in the microwave (I blame a particular family camping trip for this strangeness...)!   

Bobby still rolls his eyes when he sees me placing my bowl of eggs in the microwave, making comments like, "Only McDonalds microwaves their eggs Kate!"  
+
+
+

2 comments: