10.04.2013

Snow Dreams

Back home it looks a little like this


Its not unusual for my hometown to get its first snow in October.  Sometimes it was as earlier, but usually it was near or on Halloween which would leave us with two options:

1) Wear our winter coat over our costume or
2) Wear our winter coat under our costume.

Neither were great options.  Either we hid our beautiful costumes or looked the Michelin Man.

My heart and soul are aching for cooler weather and I was slightly jealous to see snowy pictures grace my friend's and family's facebook pages.  This is the time of year I tend to get most homesick, wanting more than anything to snuggle up in blankets on the couch with my sisters, drink hot coco and apple cider, watch the thick snow flakes fall gracefully and silently to the ground, and feel the tingle of cold on my cheeks.  I'd love more than anything to hear the crunch of freshly fallen snow under my feet and see the snow turn into a million diamonds under the golden street lamps.

No matter where I live I will always be a Colorado girl, longing for those first few snow flakes to dance down from the Autumn sky.




2 comments:

  1. I feel the same exact way! I live for cold weather! Athens got chilly enough for a scarf the past two days, but that's it! I'm looking forward to getting back to my New England winter in December!

    ReplyDelete