10.09.2013

Find Your Greatness

As I'm sure you've gathered from reading my blog over the years, I sometimes put my health on the back burner.  And as I'm sure you've also gathered, I've recently been working hard on making positive changes that not only effect my health but my overall well being.

A mini life makeover, if you will.  

So many people in my life are inspiring.  I have friends and family who remind me on a daily basis that this life has so many great and wonderful things to offer.  They remind me that hard work will bring success and they remind me that taking care of ourselves mentally and physically is the most valuable thing we can do.  

My dad is one of my inspirations.  He is the most hardworking person I know and he has this crazy endurance and ability that once he puts his mind to something, he follows through 150%.  I think I've mentioned before that he is an ultra marathon runner.  Several years ago he decided to start training for 50 and 100 mile races!  Not an easy feat and not for the faint hearted.  But my dad has shown us that with perseverance, hard work, a strong mind and spirit, that anything is possible.  Many races completed and under his belt, he has once again shown me that we all have it in us to do great things. 

Finish line of the Vermont 100 Endurance race: 27 hours and 28 minutes.  uh...wow!

I guess its been on my mind a lot lately with my own lifestyle changes.  I look for that encouragement and I am lucky I don't have to look too far.  I asked my dad after his first 100 mile race the most obvious question of all, "Don't you get tired?".  Of course he does, but so much of these long endurance races become mental.  And the same for me.  The little voice that tells me every excuse in the book is not always easy to ignore, but with hard work and some inspiration those voices are getting quieter and quieter.  

Saw this and thought it fitting.  Need some inspiration?  Watch this!

2 comments: