10.02.2013

Shut Down.

I've finally turned into an old lady and have become a letter writer. 
Ever since entering the museum field, I find myself frequently writing letters to Congress to support the preservation of culture and arts.  What can I say- I'm an advocate for what I do!

I'm not sure the difference it makes, but I hope that our government leaders take the time to hear their country's voice in times of concern.

So last night I spent a little time writing to my Senators, expressing my concern.  I have lots of friends who work for the government and most of them went home yesterday morning with their furlough notice in hand. Frustrating?  Yup. Although I work for tribal government (thank goodness) we have many important projects in cooperation with federal agencies and all of those will be put on hold if this doesn't get resolved. 
sigh...

I checked my e-mail a few minutes after sending off my letter and found this:


Somehow this time around I don't think my letter will affect the decision making of Republican Senator Rubio.  

C'est la vie
-

No comments:

Post a Comment