3.02.2014

spring


It is March.  How did that happen?

This weekend has gone too fast, but I am excited that my work week only consists of one whole day.  Then I am off to meet my brand new nephew, Oliver.  :)
+
+
+

The sun is shining today on this lazy Sunday and spring is floating through the air.  I snuck out of my office for a quick break on Friday afternoon and stood on the porch that overlooks the Cypress hammock.  The trees were flowering  a bright yellow, bumble bees were lazily buzzing and a raccoon scurried under the boardwalk.  The sky was a brilliant blue and there was a perfect breeze that only comes at the end of winter.  

Today I've opened the windows and doors to let in this fresh, flowery air.  It won't last long and I'm trying to enjoy it for as long as I can before the heavy and suffocating humidity comes rolling in for a long 7 months.  

I've never liked spring much.  I've always preferred Autumn.  But this year I am seeing the purpose of these months of rebirth.  This year I am needing it in my own life so I will enjoy these warm Spring days, watching everything come back to life --showing off their colorful fruits and flowers.  

Maybe the New Year should actually start in spring when everyone gets a new burst of energy after the long cold days of winter.  





2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about starting the new year in the spring! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes! The new year should start in the spring :)

    ReplyDelete