9.02.2010

D.C.

This past weekend was spent in our nation's beautiful capital-D.C.  I went for a little get away to visit my dear friends Laura and Jodi, both who I became instant best friends with when I lived in Italy.  They are both beautiful and talented and my time spent with them is always wonderful.  We are all three so different but over the past 5 years we have gown close and enjoyed catching up on each others lives. 

DAY 1:

Arrive at 9:30 am.  Only after a few minor annoyances with the airline...

I became a city girl and took the metro to Laura's apartment situated in lovely Du Pont Circle


Laura met me, we dropped my bag off at her cute apartment and then headed down town.   We spent the afternoon walking all over, first to the National Museum of the American Indian, then to the Capital for a private tour from one of her friends, then to see her roof top balcony at her office building on 101 Congress Ave., and then to a jazz concert in the National Gallery of Art's Sculpture Garden.  Phew.

 NMAI
***
Capital
***

Congressman Young's office.  (He's from Florida)
***

On our private tour! The new visitor center at the capital.
***
Where the Judicial branch used to do business
***

My new chandelier to go above my kitchen table from Pier 1.
***

I could live here.
***
Being Patriotic
***

The Lobby Firm where Laura works...Primo real estate
***
View from her roof top
***

Slightly different from my view at lunch...
***
Enjoying the view!
***
Jazz in the Sculpture Garden.  Watching the sunset to Van Morrison's Moondance
***
Sculpture in the park
***

We had such a wonderful day!  I will write about Day 2 tomorrow because it is passed my bed time and Friday morning is sure to come early!



2 comments: