9.28.2010

tropical storm?

The possibility of another tropical storm is looming over us.  The rain started earlier and is expected to come full force tomorrow, which means I get to drive home from work in a torrential downpour.  I'm trying not to overreact because our last tropical storm was pretty pathetic compared to a normal rainstorm down here.  But its hard not to when the weatherman is throwing around sentences like:
"8 inches of rain"
"Life threatening flash floods"
"High winds will slam the east coast of Florida"...yes that's where I live.

 The big red blob near Cuba is heading right towards my house

The highway advisory signs on the highway were already flashing their annoying yellow lights on our way home.  I know they were trying to tell me to "Stay home tomorrow, Kate.  Its going to be a doosie!"


The lovely scenery on the way home.  The clouds were so low you could have reached up and touched them (if you aren't afraid of being struck by lightening)   

I'm hoping for a rain day tomorrow, but I'm sure we will have to suck it up and go into work.  I guess I'll be putting my rain boots to good use.





1 comment: