4.09.2010

5

5 years ago today I started dating Bobby.  We have been together ever since, through school, long distance, and the ups and downs in between.  Its been an amazing journey, falling in love and watching how we've grown and changed together.  He's my best friend and the love of my life. 

The first time I met Bobby was in my freshman dorm.  My friend Makenzie who lived across from me in the dorm wanted to introduce me to one of her friends who she grew up with in Basalt, CO.  I remember walking into one of the common areas and he was sitting at the grand piano playing a song.  I think I played something for him and the three of us chatted for a minute and that was that.  I didn't see him again for over a year.

I guess it took him that long to get the courage to call me!  My sophomore year he asked Makenzie to get my number.  We went out on our first date to a fancy Italian place in Boulder.  He wore a blue argyle sweater and I wore my pink sparkly shoes.  A few days later I invited him over and we stayed up till 3 in the morning talking and laughing and watching The Incredibles. We've been together ever since.


I love you because you love me when I'm grumpy

I love you because you care about all my needs, especially when I need a back rub

I love you because you make me try new things

I love you because you always comfort me and give me hugs

I love you because you are an amazing musician and you sing duets with me

I love you because you make me feel pretty even when I'm not

  I love you for your patience, kindness, and respect

I love you for letting me be myself

I love you for always telling me that you love me 



**To the next 55 years**




3 comments: