4.30.2010

Archaeology is Awesome

The other day I took my department on a mini field trip.  We went up to the Brighton Reservation to assist the field crew for the day.  It's important for me to always have a good relationship with the field crew.  We all have completely different jobs, but work with the same objects.  They've assisted us in the lab before so i thought it would be good for us to go out into the field to see what they've been up too.

They are working now on a Phase II, which basically means that their previous shovel test came back positive for artifacts and they now need to mitigate the site so a tribal member can build their house and not destroy any culturally significant resources.  We had such a great time....minus the giant white grubs and bugs I found in the dirt.  It was nice to be out in the sunshine and fresh air for the day and I got to tone my archaeological skills.

The Hammock

Brighton Reservation

Pretty Flowers



















Digging the Unit

Screening for artifacts



No comments:

Post a Comment