4.06.2010

Attacked!!

Yesterday I was enjoying a nice quiet lunch outside.  All of a sudden a tiny insect landed next to one of my co-workers.  She started watching it as it walked around the table.  Then all of a sudden it lost all 4 of its wings.  We thought it was weird and then continued eating our lunches.  As I was taking a bite of my apple another bug flew onto the table and I watched as it shed its wings.  "Another weird Florida insect" I thought to myself.  Then another one appeared, and another, AND another.  Within minutes we were swarmed with these bugs.  I looked down and there were 4 in my hair and recently shed wings were floating dangerously close to my open yogurt. I looked up and there were hundreds flying in the air! I had to run inside to escape the disgusting-ness that was encroaching on my lunch break.  Luckily I have learned to control my spastic movements when flying insects are around so that I don't completely embarrass myself at work. 

We later found out they were recently hatched female termites.  Ummm gross.

***
Dear Florida,
Please stop ruining my lunch.  And please stop producing flying insects.
Thank you.

Kate

2 comments:

  1. Next time you should get gogurt...it's more mobile for when you have to make a mad dash inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. especially if it has the fruit on the bottom then i'm really stuck

    ReplyDelete