10.13.2010

New Family Member

I bought a new car!  On our way back from the West coast my mom and I decided to head straight for the car dealership.  Bobby's car was sent to car heaven last week and I decided it was time for me to upgrade and Bobby will take care of the Saturn, whose service engine soon light came on last night (of course).  If a girl had invented cars there wouldn't be some mysterious service engine soon light.  Girls need specificsIt would say things like:

No need to panic Kate!  It's just a loose gas cap  or
Time to pray, it's the engine...

But no one asked a girl.

My new car is lovely.  Its black and shiny, a Hyundai Sonata.  I think the word Sonata is very pretty and I really like playing Moonlight Sonata on the piano so that's why I decided to buy this car.

Just kidding daddy!  I actually did a lot of research and talked to a bunch of people who have owned Hyundai's and realized this would be a good, reliable car for me.  So far so good!  Now, lets hope my little Saturn is ok.  

I am proud of myself for doing such a hard and un-fun thing.  Everyone told me how terrible it is to go to a car dealership.  I learned a lot and feel a little bit like a grown-up.  All these responsibilities and new bills...kind of makes me want to go sit in my sister's kindergarten class and color with crayons and wish that I was still a little kid without any worries.  But I guess sooner or later we all have to figure it out ourselves.


  How do we look?
 


3 comments: