10.12.2010

Stay-cation

I have been missing out on my blogging for the past week.  Life has been busy, stressful, and a little sad.  But to make everything better my mom has been here visiting for the past 7 days!  What a wonderful thing to have your mom around.  To make you do all the things you have been putting off for the last 2 months, to help you with your laundry, cook dinner, give you hugs and take you on special mother/ daughter trips.

We spent time running important errands, getting my life re-organized, buying a new purse, buying a new car!, and taking a beautiful trip to the West coast--to Naples and Sanibel Island.  Here is a sneak preview...

  A trip out to my work

Making friends with Alligators

 Sunsets

Sunrises

My mom is always teaching me new things, especially how to look at life positively.  Our little stay-cation made me realize that I live in a pretty cool place (pictures to come!).

She left this afternoon and I always hate saying good-bye (insert tears).  That's the bad thing about living 2,000 miles away from your family, you always have to say good-bye.  But my older sister and brother-in-law are coming to visit soon so now I have something to look forward too.  

For now I am trying to enjoy the remaining hours of my day off, listening to my favorite new song and waiting for Bobby to come home from school. Tomorrow it's back to work and back to reality. 

...Thanks mom for a wonderful time!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe next time we need to do a mother + 3 daughter vacation!

    ReplyDelete